The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Barbering Studies is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed men’s hairdresser. This qualification is based on the barbering National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s leading barbering association (British Barbering Association – BBA) and hairdressing professional body (The Hairdressing Council) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as a junior men’s hairdresser. Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 1 qualification in hairdressing/barbering and/or a sucessful skills test and interview.
You will need:
- A good standard of the English language to allow for study and competence of the on line examinations
- Applicants should be aged 16 or over at the start of this course
- A satisfactory reference
- Successful skills test and interview
This course will cover:
Client consultation for hair services
Follow health and safety practice in the salon
Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
Promote products and services to clients in a salon
Cut men’s hair
Cut facial hair
The art of Colouring Hair
Working in the Hair Industry
Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
Students will need to provide a model for practical assessments. Students will also be required to build a portfolio of evidence.
Duration and Delivery
This is a 15 weeks course delivered part-time to fit your life.
Theory exams are via on line assessments (ICT based). Practical based assessments.
Further study and career options
Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to become a graduate State Registered Barber (SRB) with The Hairdressing Council.
Career opportunities as a junior men’s hairdresser exist in a variety of contexts, including:
– Commercial barber shops/salons
– Specialist African type hair barber shops/salons
– Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
– Product manufacturing and training
– Television, film, theatre and media
– Armed services
– HM Prison service
– Cruise liners
Require stationary such as x2 folders, clip board. You will need a kit and you will need to purchase a uniform.
* You don’t have to pay for the course if you are between 19-23 years old and this is your first L2 qualification or if you are above 23 years old and unemployed receiving either JSA or Universal Credit. If you are not receiving any of these you need to pay £100 registration fee.
All learners are required to pay £10 admin fee which will be deducted from the registration fee once they start a course with us.