The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Women’s Hairdressing (QCF) is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a junior hairdresser/stylist. This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over and will support you to gain employment as a junior hairdresser/stylist, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role. Entry onto this qualification can be via previous achievement of a Level 1 qualification in hairdressing and/or a successful skills test and interview.
You will need:
- A good standard of the English language to allow for study and competence of the on line examinations
- Applicants should be aged 16 or over at the start of this course
- A satisfactory reference
- Successful skills test and interview
This course will cover:
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of anatomy, health and safety, client consultation, and products, tools and equipment. You will also develop a range of technical skills enabling you to effectively consult with clients, shampoo and condition, and cut and finish their hair. You will also develop interpersonal skills, which will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
Students will need to provide a model for practical assessments. Students will also be required to build a portfolio of evidence.
Duration and Delivery
This is a 10 weeks course delivered part-time to fit your life.
Theory exams are via on line assessments (ICT based). Practical based assessments.
Further study and career options
Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to become a State Registered Hairdresser (SRH) with The Hairdressing Council.
Career opportunities as an advanced hairdresser/senior stylist exist in a variety of contexts, including:
– Commercial salons
– Specialist African type hair salons
– Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
– Product manufacturing and training
– Television, film, theatre and media
– Armed services
– HM prison service
– Cruise liners
– Hospitals/care homes
Require stationary such as x2 folders, clip board. You will need a kit and you will need to purchase a uniform.
* You don’t have to pay for the course if you are between 19-23 years old and this is your first L2 qualification or if you are above 23 years old and unemployed receiving either JSA or Universal Credit. If you are not receiving any of these we can pay the course fee for you if you agree to sign up for a L3 course with us (funded by student finance) after you completed the L2