The VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services (QCF) is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed nail technician. This qualification is based on the nail services National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s leading professional bodies (The British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) and the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as a junior nail technician.
You will need:
- A good standard of the English language to allow for study and competence of the on line examinations
- Applicants should be aged 19 or over at the start of this course.
- A satisfactory reference.
This course will cover:
The course involves the development of knowledge and practical skills in:
- Nail art
- Nail enhancements – with a focus on safe preparation of the natural nail, correct application and blending of nail tips, application of fibreglass and removal of the fibreglass system. There will be an introduction to acrylic and gel nail systems.
- Aspects of Health & Safety
- Employment Standards
- Promoting services and products
- Customer care
- Anatomy & Physiology of skin, nails, bones, muscles and circulatory systems
- Providing Reception duties.
Students will need to provide a model for practical assessments. Students will also be required to build a portfolio of evidence.
Duration and Delivery
This is a 10 weeks course delivered part-time to fit your life.
Theory exams are via on line assessments (ICT based). Practical based assessments.
Further study and career options
This course can lead:
- to employment as a Nail Technician
- a Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology programme of study.
Require stationary such as x2 folders, clip board. You will need a Nail Technologies kit and you will need to purchase a uniform.
* You don’t have to pay for the course if you are between 19-23 years old and this is your first L2 qualification or if you are above 23 years old and unemployed receiving either JSA or Universal Credit. If you are not receiving any of these you need to pay £100 registration fee.
All learners are required to pay £10 admin fee which will be deducted from the registration fee once they start a course with us.