Course Funding

How does funding work for CPBA courses?

At Candor Professional Beauty Academy, we offer Level 2 and Level 3 courses.

If you choose do a Level 2 course, it will be free if you meet the eligibility criteria.

While if you choose to enrol in a Level 3 course, you can apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of the training.


In order to be eligible for any funding, you must be: 19 years old on the first day of the course for Level 3 courses and 19 years old at the 31st of August for a course starting in the next academic year which is September to August for Level 2 courses; you must be a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area/EU/UK or have the Right to Abode in the UK; and, you must have been an ordinary resident in the EEA/EU/UK for at least the previous three years on the first day of learning.

The European Economic Area includes the EU countries, also Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland.

Remember, if you have been living in any other countries apart from these listed in the past three years, you won’t be eligible for the funding. Don’t forget, that the funding doesn’t cover the cost of your kit and uniform.

If you choose to do a Level 2 course, it will be free of charge if you meet the eligibility criteria. Dependant on your age, income, and previous qualifications achieved, you may be asked to pay £100 registration fee to be checked and verified by the admin department.

Level 3 course

Government funding is available for L3 qualifications through Student Finance.

You can apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan to help you with the cost of your course.

Loan eligibility does not depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
You must have a National Insurance number in order to get the loan.
It is not a problem if you already have a loan used for another training or if you want to do more than one course in the future as you can apply for up to four advanced learner loans.

Extra Eligibility Criteria

If you choose to enrol to a Level 3 Hairdressing course, you have to be 24 years old on the first day of your course or to have another qualification achieved. You have to provide a copy of your L3 diploma at the point of registration.

How to Apply?

Our team will help you to apply for the loan. You cannot apply before your course starts as you need to receive your funding letter with the relevant information.

If you already applied for a student loan before, you will need to use the same account, so please make sure that you have your login details.

Please note that if you don’t have a British passport, you will have to send your original British birth certificate, or EU ID/passport, or residence permit to the Student Finance Agency and you will receive it back in about two weeks.

The loan is paid directly to the training provider.


You only have to pay back your loan when you finish your course and earn more than £25,750 a year.

Your repayments will stop if your income drops below this amount.

Your annual repayment amount will be 9% of any income you earn over £25,750.

Let’s see an example of the repayment amount.

Your weekly repayments would be £9 if you earned £600.00 a year.

If you earned £28,800 a year, this amount would be £23.00 a month.

What Will Happen if You Leave or Change Your Course?

You’ll have to pay back any money that’s been paid to your college or training provider plus interest if you leave or change your course after two weeks or more.