Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology
This course is a specialist vocationally related qualification which will enable learners to gain the skills, knowledge and understanding required in order to perform manicure and pedicure treatments. A range of nail technology techniques including acrylic and gel applications including the use of nail enhancements products also forms part of this qualification. Learners will be able to gain the skills, knowledge and understanding in order to perform professional nail treatments for clients via employment in the nail service industry.
You will need:
- A good standard of the English language to allow for study and competence of the on line examinations
- Applicants should be aged 19 or over at the start of this course.
- A satisfactory reference.
This course will cover:
- Follow Health and Safety practice
- Provide manicure treatments
- The application of gel nails system
- Maintenance and aftercare advice
- Removal of false nails
- Client Care and Communication
- Provide pedicure treatments
Students will need to provide a model for practical assessments. Students will also be required to build a portfolio of evidence.
Duration and Delivery
This is a 4 weeks course delivered part-time to fit your life.
Theory exams are via on line assessments (ICT based). Practical based assessments.
Further study and career options
This course can lead:
- to employment as a Nail Technician
- a Level 2 Diploma in Nail Technology programme of study.
Require stationary such as x2 folders, clip board. You will need a Nail Technologies kit and you will need to purchase a uniform.