Terms and Condition
Deposits for courses must be made before the student can start the course.
All Fees must be paid in full before completion or it may not be possible for the student to take their exams.
All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. At the discretion of The Beauty Academy, we may consider a cancellation based on the refunds policy.
Candor Professional Beauty Academy is unable to offer refunds for cancellations outside of our control, ie. adverse weather conditions, terrorist attacks, flooding, industrial action or Visa refusals.
The Academy is not responsible for any loss of income, accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Cancellation or transfer of training dates
In the event of a genuine reason for cancellation of a confirmed training date (proof of which may be required 14 days before the commencement of the course), a request for a transfer will be considered at the discretion Candor Professional Beauty Academy (subject to availability). If successful, an administration fee of £25.00 per course will be charged.
In the event that the Beauty Academy should have to cancel your course for reasons outside of our control, i.e. tutor sickness, or insufficient numbers of students. The Beauty Academy will endeavour to give students at least 24 hours’ notice of any cancellation.
The Academy is not responsible for any accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Confirmation of bookings
Once you have booked a training course you will receive an email within 12 hours’ to which you must confirm your contact details. Once you have submitted this we will officially confirm your booking by email. We cannot confirm your booking until you have agreed your contact details (last minute bookings are an exception to this).
Diplomas will be issued in the name confirmed to us. Failure to report any errors at this stage will result in a £25.00 admin fee.
During your training
During your training you will give and receive treatments.
The only exceptions to this are Acrylic and UV Gel Nail Extension Courses where you will be working on a Nail Trainer Hand or a Model.
Manicure, Pedicure and Gel Polish or Celebrity Nails Courses
Please ensure any nail extensions or enhancements are removed prior to attending the course.
All equipment and products are provided for you to train with on the day. However, if you are studying for an NVQ Qualification you will be required to purchase products for your home study section of your course and Assessment (unless specified as part of your package).
Starter kits are available for our students to purchase at wholesale prices. The kits contain sufficient product for you to recoup the cost of your training. Further details of Starter Kits can be found on our website.
Equipment and products are also available from online wholesalers, we do not insist that you buy from us, please see list below:
Online wholesalers; Ellisons, Beauty Express and Salons Direct.
Once registered, you have one years to fully complete the qualification including training, coursework and assessments. Assessments are offered at our Leyton branch. Attendance of assessment days are required in addition to practical training and completion of home study (coursework). Candor Professional Beauty Academy will support you with your studies however cannot accept responsibility for learners who fail to complete their qualification(s).
Please arrive at the training centre for 8:00AM. Courses finish at approximately 6.00pm. If you arrive late (in excess of 30 minutes) you may be unable to participate in the training, resulting in the loss of course fees. Please therefore ensure you allow sufficient time for travelling.
As part of our 30 Day Guarantee, we are so confident you will gain the skills you require on your training day that we are happy for you to re-attend the same training course (at the same venue) free of charge should you not feel confident after your initial training. To take advantage of this, you must notify us by email, email@example.com to request refresher training within 30 days of attending your initial training date. Refresher training will be chargeable where requested beyond this time.
In the unlikely event your training course with us does not meet your expectations, in the first instance please speak to your course tutor. If it cannot be resolved please follow our complains procedure.
For all other enquiries please contact:
Code of Conduct:
To ensure all learners are given the best opportunity to learn, we would ask the following code of conduct be adhered to at all times:-
- Punctuality is essential with all learners to arrive for 8:00AM prompt and training to finish at 6:00pm. Allow adequate time to travel to the training centre.
- Attendance of training days is compulsory. Failure to attend scheduled training can result in removal from the programme. We require notice in writing should you be unable to attend a training date due to medical reasons or exceptional circumstances. A medical certificate may be required to reschedule training. The Candor Professional Beauty Academy reserve the right to reschedule training dates, however will endeavour to give 48 hours notice.
- Learners are required to purchase at their cost and wear a suitable beauty uniform (tunic) to training/assessment dates. Nails should be short, hair tied back. All jewellery should be removed except a plain wedding band and small stud earrings.
- All learners are expected to fully participate including giving and receiving treatments. Please ensure you notify us in writing no later than 72 hours before your training date should you have a medical condition that prohibits this.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited during training and should be turned off outside of agreed breaks.
- No smoking or chewing of gum within the training centre.
- Be courteous and respectful to tutors, clients and other learners. No use of foul language. Abuse of any kind including racism will not be tolerated.
- Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the programme without prior consultation. You will be notified in writing and will not receive your diploma and will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Learner feedback forms are to be completed at every training session and are compulsory.
- Photographic ID must be shown to the tutor at every training day to gain admission to the centre. Entry may be refused without this.