Being a barber is not a challenging task, although it may take some time for you to figure out all the skills. Becoming an excellent barber will take years while mastering the basics can take you anywhere from 3 months to 3 years! This depends on your chosen program/school as well as your skillset. As long as you are persistent, you will easily understand the business, and it won’t be hard for you!
What does a barber do and is it challenging?
A barber is a person who works with men & kids. Their job is not as difficult as the job of a hair colourist, but it still demands the right approach! Every barber should learn the following:
- The basics regarding human hair and its upkeep, as well as any hair-related allergies
- Every type of a men’s haircut there is and how to shape it (especially the trendiest cuts)
- to talk with clients and read their body language
- Should know how to set boundaries between their clients regarding their personal life
- You should know about each ingredient that you use in your everyday products and products that are in your salon
- You should tell all of your tools apart
- You should be quick and efficient while providing your clients with phenomenal results
CPBA offers free employment advice and guidance to their barbering learners. They also offer free barbering courses and work placement